Explore one of the most original museums in the world while traveling in Penang — the fascinating Wonderfood Museum featuring giant displays of traditional Malaysian dishes. Located inside Georgetown’s 1940s colonial building, the museum invites you into the world of super-realistic models of popular dishes handcrafted by the museum’s owner using food replication techniques from Japan. There are three galleries in the museum for you to discover: Info Zone, Wow Zone, and Educational Zone where you can learn interesting facts about Malaysian cuisine, cooking methods and see international delicacies from Indian, Chinese and other cuisines. Discover interesting delicacies arising from Malaysia's multi-cultural background at the museum's three galleries. The variety of food on display provides you with an in-depth understanding of the foods popular in Asia.
What is included in the tour
- Admission to Wonderfood Museum
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Personal expenses.
- Take pictures at the Wonderfood Museum in Penang.
- The variety of food on display provides you with an in-depth understanding of the foods popular in Asia.
- Made using Japanese food replication techniques, all the museum's exhibits look exceptionally realistic.
- Learn about local cooking traditions and eating habits.
- Daily 9:00am-6:00pm
- 49, Lebuh Pantai, Georgetown, Penang
How To Get There:-
- From Georgetown, the museum is 12 minutes away by car
- From Kuala Lumpur, drive about 4 hours along the North-South highway to the museum
By City Area Transit (CAT)
- Take the City Area Transit (CAT) and get off at Little India, Lebug Pantai stop
- From there, the museum is 1 minute walk away