Explore the city of Agra in the best way on this walking tour with an expert, English speaking guide. You're in for a treat: your next destination is the famous spice market, where an array of spices in quantities you've never seen before are laid out. Head to the Gurdwara Sri Damdama Sahib, one of the famous local Sikh Temples, so you can get a beautiful view of the Yamuna River rolling past. Once you meet up with your guide at the specified location, you'll immediately depart to see the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a structure that had once housed great ancient kings. Then you'll visit the famous Jami Masjid and admire its splendid architecture and archways before heading for the market. Jewels, textiles, and so much more are bursting from every corner as the bustle of life fills each pathway, and then you're on your way to the Sweet Lane. 300 years old, it's full of incredible treats that you shouldn't miss out on. Your next stop is at Lord Shiva Temple, a 600-year-old edifice where locals come and worship Lord Shiva before you head to the Sparrow Temple, where the locals also come and worship Lord Rama.
What is included in the tour
- English speaking tour guide
- Bottled drinking water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips and gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Learn the history past the red sandstone of the famous Agra Fort.
- Head to Agra's famous spice market and see an incredible variety of spices both common and rare.
- Explore the city of Agra in the best way on this walking tour with an expert, English speaking guide.
- 12:00pm/4:00 pm meet up with guide at meet up location
- Enjoy the view of Agra Fort or Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See the famous Jami Masjid (or Friday Mosque)
- Walkthrough the market famous for jewelry and bridal dresses: Lohar Gali or “ironsmith lane"
- Enjoy a walk through the famous 300-year-old Sweet Lane, built at the time of Great Emperor Akbar
- Visit the 600-year-old Lord Shiva Temple, and Lord Rama Temple also known as Sparrow Temple
- Pass through the spice market of Agra
- Visit the Gurdwara Sri Damdama Sahib (Sikh Temple) and enjoy the view of the Yamuna River
- Behold the Pearl Mosque, built by the creator of Taj Mahal
- Head to the viewpoint of Taj Mahal and Jahangir Palace
- 1:30 pm/5:30 pm conclude your tour and head back to the hotel
Meet Up Information:
- Time: 12:00pm/4:00pm
- Location: Main entrance of Agra Gate, Agra Fort
- Address: Agra Fort, Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282003