In this tour, we will experience the beating retreat at Wagah Border, famous for the ceremonial closing of gates and have dinner at a local restaurant to sample some local cuisine. The Wagah Beating Retreat Border ceremony remains moving as a testament of history, culture, and international relations between India and Pakistan. Head out to the Wagah Border with your English speaking guide and watch as you head to the Grand Trunk Road, the only link between India and Pakistan in 1999. In the ceremony, you will watch the soldiers of two nations put on a show of sorts, with the lowering of both flags and a handshake between two nations. Hear about its origins and why it continues to be done to this day before heading off to Amritsar, visiting a local restaurant, and sampling some delicious local cuisine. It’s a great cultural experience you shouldn’t miss in Amritsar.
What is included in the tour
- Pick up and drop off from the local hotel in Amritsar.
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking driver cum guide.
- Bottled drinking water.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- Personal expenses.
- Any personal purchases.
- The Wagah Border Beating Retreat is a daily ceremony between two nations.
- Experience this somber tradition and cultural landmark.
- Head to the Wagah Border and learn about the history between India and Pakistan.
- 3:00 pm pick-up from a local hotel in Amritsar and visit the Saragarhi Memorial Gurudwara.
- 4:00 pm head towards Wagah Border.
- 5:00 pm enjoy the beating retreat ceremony at Wagah Border.
- 7:00 pm have a delicious dinner at a local restaurant.
- 8:00 pm drop off at a local hotel in Amritsar.