Explore The Battlebox, a former WWII British underground command center in Singapore. Built-in the late 1930s, The Battlebox is a former WWII British underground command center inside Fort Canning Hill at the heart of Singapore City. The British army defended Malaya and Singapore from this legendary hideout in World War II. It was also here that the British made the decision to surrender Singapore to the invading Japanese on 15 February 1942. Today, the Battlebox is a museum that unveils the true causes behind “the worst disaster and largest capitulation in British history”. This tour tells two stories – the fall of Malaya and Singapore in WWII, and how an underground command center functioned during World War II.
What is included in the tour
- 1 admission ticket to The Battlebox
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals and beverages
- Discover the importance of communications in the Battlebox, an underground command center.
- Learn the strategies and tactics employed during the battles for Malaya and Singapore.
- Discover how the underground command center functioned during World War II.
- Don't miss the #1 Museum in Singapore.
- Child ticket: Age 7-12
- This tour is not suitable for children aged 0-6
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is not wheelchair-friendly
- Any change of schedule on the day of the tour will be subject to the next tour's availability
- Bottled water and other snacks, drinks, or souvenirs can be purchased from the Battlebox Visitor Centre
Meet Up Information:
- Location: Battlebox Visitor Centre
- Address: 2 Cox Terrace, Fort Canning Park, Singapore 179622
- Nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut Station (NS24/NE6/CC1)
- Please view the detailed visual guide for directions to Battlebox Visitor Centre (meet up location)
- Please arrive at the Battlebox Visitor Centre at least 15 minutes before the tour starts to redeem your tour ticket(s)
- Please call the operator if you are unable to find the guide