The main tourist attractions at Sonagir are the Jain Temples. They have the idol of Mahavira as the worshipped Lord, and the followers of the Jain religion from all across the world flock here to pay respect to Mahavira. Mahavira is said to be the 23rd Tirthankara. A Tirthankara is the one who is the sole creator of the four classes of human beings. They are the saint men, saint women, and ordinary men and women. He is supposed to have gained ultimate knowledge and free from all the bonds of worldly life. Chandra Prabhu Temple and the Kishan Hari ka Mandir are the two major temples in Sonagir and they both signify the importance of the Jain sect, and also attract the tourists towards Sonagir for the splendidly constructed temples. Datia is best known for the Pitambara Peeth, a famous shaktipitha located at the entrance of Datia. This pilgrimage spot features Bagalamukhi Devi Temple and Dhumavati Mai Temple, established by Shri Golokwasi Swamiji Maharaj. Vankhandeshwar, a Mahabharat period temple of Lord Shiva, is also situated here.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel Pick-up and drop off.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking tour guide.
- 1 bottled water.
- Toll, fuel charges and parking fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses
- Insurance provided by the operator.
- Meals and beverages.
- Mandatory Tips
- The main tourist attractions at Sonagir are the Jain Temples.
- He is supposed to have gained ultimate knowledge and free from all the bonds of worldly life.
- Datia is best known for the Pitambara Peeth.
- On one of the low hills over which the town is built stands the magnificent palace of Bir Singh Dev.
- 7:00am pick up from the hotel.
- Drive to Sonagir
- Enjoy a visit to the beautiful Sonagir temple.
- Breakfast at a local restaurant (own expense).
- Drive to Datia
- Enjoy a visit, Pitambara Peeth, Bir Singh Palace and much more.
- Lunch at a local restaurant (own expense).
- Drive back to Gwalior
- 6:00 pm drop off at Gwalior.