The trip starts with a hotel pick up and takes you to Cochin Fort, the first European township in India. Here, you can see Chinese fishing nets along the Vasco Da Gama Square (named to commemorate the first European explorer to set sail for India) and learn about the life of local fishermen then and now. Go on to visit two of the largest and oldest European churches in the region: St. Francis Church (the burial place of Vasco da Gama) and Santa Cruz Basilica Church. At around 11 am you will arrive at the Mattancherry Palace where you can enjoy its beautiful murals depicting scenes from popular Hindu tales. If time allows, relax over a local lunch and shop around for souvenirs before heading back to your hotel.
What is included in the tour
- Private tour
- Cochin Port/hotel pick up and drop off
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Visit some of the oldest synagogues in the region: Paradesi Synagogue, Jewish Synagogue and more.
- Go on a 4-hour private tour of Cochin's key landmarks with an English-speaking guide.
- Stroll down the streets of Jewish Town and hop around local shops and cafes
- Explore Fort Cochin and Chinese fishing nets, learn about the everyday life of Cochin's fishermen.
- 9:00am pick up from hotel / Cochin Port Ships Berth
- Visit Cochin Fort
- Explore Cochin Fort with a visit to Chinese fishing nets
- 10:00 am approx. visit St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Basilica Church
- 11:00 am reach Mattancherry Palace
- Then head toward the Paradesi Synagogue
- Explore in and around the Jew Town and Jewish Synagogue
- Shop and have local lunch, if time permits
- 1:00 pm approx. drop off to hotel / Cochin Port