Discover the heritage of the former Riau Kingdom that once ruled their namesake islands and large parts of modern-day Indonesia, Singapore, and Southern Malaysia. Your tour will start with a transfer from your hotel/accommodation to the pier, where you’ll board a boat with your guide to cross over to Penyengat Island. Once on the island, you’ll hop on a back (similar to a tuk-tuk) with your guide and head around the island to see the sights. Penyengat Island has a rich cultural history as the former home of the Riau royal family and many sites are currently being nominated for UNESCO World Heritage status. You’ll visit the former palaces of the Riau Kingdom, the Royal Mosque, the former forts of the invading Dutch, and many other interesting sites on the island. Finish off the day with an Indonesian set lunch at a local restaurant.
What is included in the tour
- Join in a group tour
- Pick up and drop off service
- Local English/Chinese speaking guide
- Roundtrip boat ride to Penyengat Island
- Motorized trishaw (tuk-tuk) in Penyengat Island
- Indonesian set lunch at a local restaurant
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses.
- Any personal purchases.
- Penyengat Island's sites are currently nominated for UNESCO World Heritage status.
- Hop across to Penyengat Island, once the seat of the Riau Kingdom.
- Visit the historic ruins around the island that detail its rich cultural legacy.
- Learn more about the cultural heritage of the Riau Kingdom that once ruled the region.
- approx. 9:00 am hotel pick up (South Bintan)
- approx. 10:00 am-10:30 am hotel pick up (North Bintan)
- Pumping boat ride to Penyengat Island
- Guided tour around Penyengat Island (visit Sultan of Riau's Grand Mosque, old Dutch fort, Royal Mausoleum, and ancient palaces)
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Traditional massage (optional)
- 3:00 pm approx. hotel drop off (South Bintan) / 4:00pm approx. hotel drop off (North Bintan)