Visit Socorro Plateau located about 11km away from Goa to see India's forest birds. Observe different bird species from White Cheeked Barbets to Black Rumped Woodpeckers in their natural habitat. On this trip, you will get to see some of India’s most interesting forest bird species as you head to the stunning Socorro Plateau. Here, away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities, you will get to immerse yourself in India’s mesmerizing landscapes and observe a variety of bird species in their natural habitat. See the bright Black Hooded Orioles, the green Gold Mantled Leaf Birds, the purple-headed Plum Parakeets, the angry-looking Jungle Babblers, the savage Blue Tailed Bee Eaters and many more. There will be two stops made at the refreshing Paithona Stream and Pilerne Lake for a chance to spot the cute Pied Kingfishers, colorful Indian Rollers, fierce Marsh Harriers, and others. Have your camera ready to make sure you take away not only memories but also real-life proof of your exotic experience.
What is included in the tour
- Private tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off for hotels within 10kms of Calangute
- Transportation by private air-conditioned Car
- English speaking tour guide
- Bottled drinking water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- The bird watching tour is a great chance to practice your wildlife photography skills.
- Visit Socorro Plateau located about 11km away from Goa to see India's forest birds.
- See a variety of rare birds in North Goa on this four and a half hour bird watching trip.
- 6:45am meet up at pick up point / pick up from local hotel in Calangute area
- Head to Socorro Plateau for forest birds like Black Hooded Orioles, Golden Mantled Leaf Birds, White Cheeked Barbets, Plum Headed Parakeets, Purple Sunbirds, Jungle Babblers, Blue Tailed Bee-eaters, Black Rumped Woodpeckers and take photos
- Next two stops made at Paithona stream and Pilerne Lake for Pied Kingfishers, Woolly Necked Storks, Bronze Winged Jacanas, Purple Herons, Indian Rollers, and Marsh Harriers
- 10:30 am conclude the tour at Baskin Robbins in Calangute / drop off at hotel in Calangute
Meet Up Details:
- Meet up time: 6:45 am
- Meet up location: Outside Baskin Robbins, Calangute / pick up from local hotel in Calangute
- Address: Baskin Robbins, Gaurowaddo, Candolim, Fort Aguada Road, Calangute, Goa 403516