Explore the most iconic landmark of Nagaur City on this 8-hour private trip. Built by Mughal King Shahjahan and Akbar, Ahhichatragarh Fort, more commonly known as Nagaur Fort, is an iconic landmark found in Nagaur City. The structure was one of the first Muslim strongholds in northern India in the early 12th century. Since its major renovation in 2007, the site has been visited by over a hundred thousand curious tourists. The fort also serves as the venue, stage, and home to Sufi Music Festival. There are many palaces and other structures inside the fort, of which many are in ruins. Some famous structures inside the fort are Hadi Rani Mahal, Bakhat Singh Palace, Deepak Mahal, Akbari Mahal, and Amar Singh Mahal. Make sure to check out the three gates that guarded its tenants against enemy attacks during the ancient times.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off within Jodhpur City
- English speaking driver
- Driver, parking, toll fees, and fuel charges
- Bottled water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Admission fees
- Meals and beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Insurance provided by operator
- There are many palaces and other structures inside the fort, of which many are in ruins.
- The fort also serves as a venue for the popular Sufi Music Festival.
- Explore the beautiful gardens and palaces inside the fort during your visit.
- Marvel at the remarkable Rajput-Mughal inspired gardens and temples.
- 9:00am/10:00am/11:00am hotel pick up within Jodhpur
- Depart for Nagaur city
- Arrive at Nagaur Fort, explore
- Visit the gardens, temples, and fountains
- 1:00 pm lunch at a local restaurant (at own expense)
- Visit the Nagaur City gate
- Depart for Jodhpur
- 5:00pm/6:00pm/7:00pm hotel drop off