Start the adventure at Thiksey Monastery to admire the 12-story monastery’s well-preserved temples, nunnery, and assembly halls. Meet the friendly monks and children who have devoted their lives to practicing Buddhism. After a morning of exploration, indulge in a delicious Indian cuisine lunch at a local restaurant. Continue the adventure as you explore the Himalayan Buddhist monastery, Hemis Monastery. Enjoy a closer look at the beautiful Buddhist statue of Thangka, the stunning centuries-old architecture, and the impressive ancient relic collection of the monastery museum. Discover the beauty of the culture as you enjoy the activities of the Hemis Festival. Before heading back, choose to visit the famous Gurdwara Shri Patthar Sahib and Zanskar or be in awe at one of the longest rivers in Asia, the Indus River. You can learn more about the stories and history of the sights with the tour’s optional English speaking guide. Visit the famous Hemis Monastery and Thiksey Monastery and learn more about its rich history.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation in a private van.
- Hotel Pick up and drop off services.
- English-speaking driver.
- Parking fees.
- Bottled drinking water.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Hotel accommodations.
- English-speaking guide (optional).
- Meals and beverages.
- Other expenses.
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- Insurance provided by the operator.
- Enjoy a closer look at the well-preserved architecture and statues.
- Learn more about the rich religious history as you explore the monasteries.
- Be in awe at the natural landscapes that surround Hemis Monastery.
- Explore the breathtaking sights and attractions of Leh during this private sightseeing trip.
- 9:00 am Pick up from accommodations in Leh.
- Drive to Thiksey monastery.
- Explore the 12-story monastery.
- Interact and learn more about monks and children practicing Buddhism.
- Head to Hemis Monastery.
- 1:00 pm have lunch at a local restaurant (at own expenses).
- Reach Hemis Monastery and see the Thangkas, Buddhist statue.
- Attend the Hemis festival with cultural activities and paintings.
- Visit Gurdwara Shri Patthar Sahib and Zanskar or Indus river.
- Drive back to Leh.
- 5:00 pm drop off at accommodations in Leh.