One of the four major existing shrines of the 64 Yogini, Mitawali’s outer wall is decorated with images of Hindu gods and goddesses. Mitawali is a village where the popular Chausath Yogini Temple lies - The temple is perched atop a hill surrounded by the lush greenery. ... As claimed by etchings and engravings in the temple, the ancient shrine is said to have been built by the Maharaja Devapala. The temple structure is also a wonderful lesson for rain harvesting and engineering. The perforated base at the central structure allowed rainwater to collect in a huge reservoir below which is not visible from outside. The roof is also built in a way that rainwater gets drained quickly. Bateshwar Hindu temples are a group of nearly 200 sandstone Hindu temples and their ruins in north Madhya Pradesh in post-Gupta, early Gurjar-Pratihara style of North Indian temple architecture. It is about 35 kilometers north of Gwalior and about 30 kilometers east of Morena town.
What is included in the tour
- Pick-up from hotel
- Drinking water
- An English-Speaking Driver
- Drop-off back to hotel
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals are not included in this tour
- Personal expenses
- The old structures tell us stories of the time long gone by, but their yearning for timelessness is everlasting.
- The ancient shrine is said to have been built by the Maharaja Devapala.
- Bateshwar Hindu temples are a group of nearly 200 sandstone.
- 9:30 AM Pick up from hotel
- 10:00 PM Drive to Mitawali from Gwalior
- Visit popular Chausath Yogini Temple
- 01:00 AM Drive to Padavali
- 01:30 Am Arrived Padavali
- Visit Padavali Gari
- Visit Bateshwar temples
- 04:30 PM drive back to Gwalior
- 06:00 PM Drop-off back to the hotel