Veer off the beaten track beat tourist crowds and explore the hidden Malaysian oasis of Mantanani Island, a great location for diving, snorkeling, bird watching and more. Located off the north-west coast of the state of Sabah, Malaysia, the island is home to many marine animals. You will have two fun options to choose from, depending on your preferences: Mantanani snorkeling only package or Mantanani snorkeling plus a Kawa Kawa River cruise. The first one takes you to the best locations for exploring the underwater world with an abundance of coral reefs. Whilst the river cruise option also lets you relax over a buffet dinner while observing fireflies. Discover beautiful coral reefs, enjoy a buffet on board, watch fireflies, and so much more in this fun-filled day tour. Capture many amazing pictures as you spend your time on the island.
What is included in the tour
- Return land and boat transfers as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Jetty and entrance fees.
- Snorkeling equipment and life jacket.
- River cruise activity.
- Buffet lunch and dinner.
- Chinese/English speaking guide.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Explore Sabah on a delightful Mantanani Island snorkeling adventure.
- Keep your eye out for a chance to spot the island's rare Proboscis Monkeys.
- Capture many amazing pictures as you spend your time on the island.
- Go on a Kawa Kawa River Cruise and enjoy its breathtaking scenery.
- See a stunning look of the fireflies after the sunsets.
- Explore the unseen creature in Mantanani Island's.
Mantanani Snorkeling Only:-
- 7:00 am pick up from the hotel and depart to the jetty.
- 9:00 am arrival at the jetty, bathroom to change clothes.
- 9:20 am safety briefing by the tour guide.
- 10:00 am depart to Mantanani Island (the journey is approximately 45 minutes, subject to sea condition).
- 10:45 am arrive at the Mantanani Island and prepare for snorkeling.
- You may stop at the White Sandy Beach to take pictures before the snorkeling activity.
- There will be 2 snorkeling points. Each point takes 20-30 minutes, subject to weather conditions.
- 1:00 pm back to Mantanani Island for buffet lunch.
- 2:00 pm leisure time on the island (take a bath or change your clothes before 2:30 pm).
- 3:00 pm depart back to Kota Belud mainland jetty.
- 4:00 pm arrival at jetty and depart back to Kota Kinabalu.
- 6:00 pm arrival back at the Kota Kinabalu area.
Mantanani Island Snorkeling + River Cruise:-
- Same itinerary up with the above snorkeling only option until 4:00 pm arrival at the jetty.
- 4:00 pm arrival at the jetty and then depart to Kawa Mangrove Jetty for a river cruise.
- 5:00 pm reach to mangrove jetty and start for river cruise activity.
- Take a boat ride and experience the Mangrove ecology. Chance to see proboscis monkey, long-tail macaques, common kingfisher, monitor lizard &, etc.
- 6:00 pm enjoy a delicious buffet dinner while mesmerizing the sunset.
- 7:25 pm start your river cruise journey to watch stunning fireflies by the river.
- 8:00 pm end of the tour and depart back to Kota Kinabalu.
- 9:30 pm arrive back to the Kota Kinabalu area (subject to traffic congestion).
- Please note: The itinerary is just a sample for reference only. Actual timing might differ on the day of the tour.