Explore the unique culinary heritage of Jakarta with this 2-hour food tour of Mangga Besar, a prominent area in the city known for its Indonesian-Chinese population known as Cina Peranakan. You'll meet up with your tour group at Jayakarta Hotel and Resort, then immediately head towards the hawker stalls. Traverse the engaged streets of Mangga Besar with your tour guide, who will tell you all about the long and fascinating history of this area of the city. Visit a variety of stalls and sample 5-6 different dishes that combine Indonesia's signature spices and traditional Chinese flavors to produce distinct tastes, including Semur Jengkol, known for its strong aroma, some local pastries, and a selection of Indo-Chinese street food.
What is included in the tour
- 5-6 types of food (small to medium portions)
- English-speaking guide
- Mineral water or ice tea
What is NOT included in the tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses.
- Feast on delicious Indonesian-Chinese cuisine with this two hour Mangga Besar Food Tour.
- Try dishes that incorporate the flavors of one of the world's most controversial fruits, the durian.
- Learn about the unique history of the area as you explore it with your English-speaking guide.
- Explore Mangga Besar, a prominent area in Jakarta influenced by Chinese culture, known as Cina Peranakan.
- 6:00pm meet up with tour group
- Visit local hawkers for Indonesian food
- Stop by Indonesian-Chinese street food stalls
- 8:00 pm tour ends
- Betawi Peranakan Set: Coconut Rice with Crispy Chicken and Semur Jengkol (Indonesian Stew)
- Legendary Meatball Soup from North Sumatra
- Indonesian-Chinese Street Food
- Medan Durian