In this tour, we will explore a group of monolithic monuments carved along the shores of Coromandel Coast and discover the glorious legacies of Pallava kings now declared as UNESCO World Heritage Sites and visit the Shore Temple, one of the oldest stone temples in South India, as it overlooks the Bay of Bengal. We will explore thousands of sculptures carved on living rock, a testament to South India’s unique medieval architecture. Discover top attractions: the Shore Temple overlooking the Bay of Bengal, Varaha Caves, Krishna’s Butterball, and over 40 more attractions carved on a grand scale! Upon taking a trip to the town, you can also watch soapstone workers carve out beautiful designs on stones, a possible souvenir perhaps? Infuse your adventures in Chennai with a full day historical excursion to Mahabalipuram today.
What is included in the tour
- Private transfers.
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- English speaking guide.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages.
- Entrance fee.
- Any personal purchases.
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- We will discover the top attraction and South India’s unique medieval architecture.
- Spot a Ratha or chariot-shaped temple as you explore the stone-carved town.
- We will visit Mahabalipuram's living open-air museum accompanied by scenic views.
- With a temple city behind you and the ocean beyond, the Mahabalipuram Beach is the place to be for sunsets.
- 8:00 am hotel pick up.
- 10:00 am approx. arrive at Mahabalipuram.
- 10:30 am visit the Shore Temple overlooking the Bay of Bengal.
- 11:00 am approx. explore the 7th-century monument of Panch Pandav Rathas.
- 1:00 pm approx. enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense).
- 2:30 pm visit the town of Mahabalipuram and watch soapstone carvers at work.
- 4:00 pm hotel drop off.