Follow your expert local guide into narrow streets, through pre-war shophouses. Browse along the five-foot-ways where vendors peddle spices, gold, flower garlands, and saris. Explore the wet market and visit booths selling fresh fruits and veggies, spices and fresh meats. Sample some local Indian pastries and visit the popular Sri Veeramakalimamman temple to experience the rich culture of the Indian community in Singapore - a great way to get acquainted with one of the many cultures in the country. See how flower garlands are made on the spot and fortune tellers plying their trade with the help of a few faithful parrots.
What is included in the tour
- 2 hour walking tour of Little India.
- Wet market visit.
- A sampling of local Indian pastry.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges.
- Professional guide.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Gratuities for tour guide (optional).
- Food and drinks.
- Other personal expenses.
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- An English speaking guide did a great job of getting us through little India.
- We got a chance to learn about real-life in little India and how it connects to Singapore’s unique culture.
- Let the tour not only take pictures, buy souvenirs, but also learn more about the local area.
- You can learn about the religious culture and life of Little India from a 2-hour tour.
- 10:15 am check-in at 5 Campbell Lane, Outside Indian Heritage Centre.
- 10:30 am tour starts.
- Walkthrough traditional five-foot-way vendors.
- Little India Arcade.
- Local Wet Market.
- Local Indian pasty sampling.
- Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple.