Challenge yourself with a picturesque 8-hour trek from Rishikesh to the beautiful Kunjapuri temple. Catch an amazing sunrise view from the top and enjoy the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayan range along the way. Enjoy a soft and scenic trek with an accompanying English guide to one of India’s most revered and picturesque temples. Start the day early with a 6.30 am hotel pick up and head to the temple’s main gate. From there, you will need to climb 300 stairs to get to the legendary Kunjapuri temple itself. The trip may be challenging — but it is all well worth it and you will be rewarded with amazing sunrise views and the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayan mountain range. Once at the top, pay your respects at the temple and enjoy a delicious local breakfast at a cafe before starting your descend back to Rishikesh. On the way back, take your time to explore beautiful little villages and make sure to press stud a photo of the majestic Neer Ghattu Waterfall.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off (Tapovan)
- English speaking guide
- Forest fee
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips (optional)
- Hike all the way up to the majestic Kunjapuri temple and admire the beautiful landscapes around.
- Take in breathtaking views of the Himalayas on a scenic 8-hour trek.
- Challenge yourself with a picturesque 8-hour trek from Rishikesh to the beautiful Kunjapuri temple.
- Learn about the temple and the surrounding area from your English speaking guide.
- 6:30am hotel pick up for guests staying in Tapovan area / other guests to meet operator at pick up location
- Head to Kunjapuri temple
- 7.15 am deboard vehicle at Kunjapuri temple main gate and climb the stairs to the temple
- Enjoy a view of the sunrise and the Himalayan range
- 9:00 am pay respects at the temple, have breakfast at a local cafe, trek to Rishikesh
- Explore villages on your route and stop by the Neer Ghattu waterfall
- 2:00pm have lunch at a local cafe in Rishikesh and conclude the trek