In this tour, we will see the Kailasanathar and Ekambaranathar Temples, two of the most majestic Hindu shrines dedicated to Shiva. From the vibrant capital city of Chennai, travel to another capital from kingdoms past where majestic temples await to be implored. Begin your adventure bright and early – get picked up right from your hotel lobby and travel with ease to the City of Thousand Temples! Along with your English speaking guide, unearth the long history of various dynasties as you walk through their Dravidian (South Indian) architectural splendors. Visit the most prominent temples in your private tour: the Kailasanathar Temple, the oldest Pallava temple in existence, and the Ekambaranathar Temple, the largest temple in Kanchipuram both dedicated to the divine worship of the Hindu god, Shiva. Have leisurely strolled around the well-preserved structures and indulge in the serene ambiance of one of India’s holiest sites. Afterward, weave your way to town and discover Kanchipuram's other famous moniker: Silk City. Witness Kanchipuram's famous sarees in the making and take home memorable keepsakes. And enjoy convenient travels from Chennai to one of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage sites in India.
What is included in the tour
- Private transfers.
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- English speaking guide.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages.
- Entrance fees.
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- We will enjoy convenient travels from Chennai to one of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage sites in India.
- Gaze upon towering gopuram or gateway towers of Ekambaranathar Temple, one of the largest in the country.
- The Ekambaranathar Temple, the largest temple in Kanchipuram both dedicated to the divine worship of the Hindu god.
- The City of Thousand Temples also boasts the title 'Silk City' for its exceptional saree weaving.
- 8:00am hotel pick up.
- 11:00 am arrive at Kanchipuram.
- 11:30 am visit the 8th-century Kailasanathar Temple dedicated to the Hindu god, Shiva.
- 12:30 pm explore Ekambareswarar Temple and other spiritual shrines.
- Take a short break and enjoy a local lunch (at your own expense).
- 3:00 pm see saree weaving.
- 6:00 pm hotel drop off.