Walk through the lanes and markets of the old city and discover the local culture and the daily lives of the city's people. Jodhpur is far more than initially meets the eye. From your first step into this city, you'll feel that sense of history permeating through every corner. Your tour begins in Jodhpur's Rock Garden, also known as Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park. This 72-hectare park, not far from Mehrangarh Fort, is as historic as it is mysterious, full of myths that your guide will tell you about. From here, the next discovery is the water canals of the city, which stand as the major water source for the landlocked city. As you head to the Old City of Jodhpur, you will also receive priceless insight with regards to local culture and customs from your guide, as well as events in history or religious reasons that shaped them to be this way. In the Old City itself, also known as the Blue City, the opportunity to learn of a long, rich history presents itself, as you discover not just why the city is painted blue, but also the story behind its architectural harmony and how it had come to be built.
What is included in the tour
- English speaking guide
- Tea and snacks
- Bottled drinking water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Hotel pick up and drop-offs
- Tips (optional)
- See the best of Blue City through a visit to the historic old town.
- Head to the markets and see the locals going about their every day lives.
- See the beautiful medieval temples, landmarks of times long past.
- Jodhpur is far more than initially meets the eye.
- 8:00am/4:00 pm meet your guide at the entrance of the Rock Garden
- Explore rock garden and learn about the myths and mysteries related to it
- Visit water distribution canals of Jodhpur
- Head towards Old city of Jodhpur
- Walkthrough narrow lanes of markets
- Visit famous Medieval Temples
- Proceed to a 400-year-old house (Haveli) for tea and snacks
- 12:00 pm/8:00 pm concludes tour and depart back to the hotel. The guide will help you with arrangement of local transport and directions