This 7-hour private tour of Cochin gives you a unique inside look into the remnants of the area’s Jewish heritage. Start with an early morning pick up from your hotel or Cochin Port Ships and head to Paravoor synagogue built-in 1615. Then, visit the Chendamangalam synagogue constructed during the 17th century and showcasing the lives and rituals of Kerala Jews. By lunchtime, you will be discovering the working process of the handloom weaving factory. Continue the tour with a drive to the port for a one-hour backwater cruise to admire the area’s green paddy fields and traditional villages along the shore and indulge in a savory Keralan lunch conveniently served right on the cruise. Around 3 pm, stop by Paradesi synagogue at Mattancherry, the oldest active synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations. The tour concludes at 4 pm with a drop off at your hotel or Cochin Port.
What is included in the tour
- Private tour
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide
- 1-hour Canoe backwater cruise
- Traditional Keralan lunch
- Bottled drinking water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Explore Jewish heritage on this 7-hour tour of Cochin.
- Enjoy a relaxing one-hour backwater cruise and have a delicious lunch onboard.
- Visit the Paravoor synagogue, Chendamangalam synagogue and Paradesi synagogue at Mattancherry
- 8:30am pick up from Cochin Port Ships berth/hotel
- 9:45 am approx. reach Paravoor synagogue
- Visit the Chendamangalam synagogue
- 12:00 pm approx. visit a handloom weaving factory
- 45 mins approx. drive to the port
- 1-hour backwater cruise ride
- Traditional Keralan lunch on the cruise
- 3:00 pm visit the Paradesi synagogue at Mattancherry
- 4:00 pm drop off at Cochin Port/hotel