Visit the Indian Heritage Centre, the first museum in Southeast Asia to focus on the Indian population in Singapore. Learn about the historical links between the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia. Get a chance to learn all about the history of Singapore's Indian community with a visit to the Indian Heritage Centre. Know as the first museum in Southeast Asia to focus on the diverse heritage of the local Indian community, the building stuns with its iconic design that combines elements of traditional Indian architecture with modern ones, allowing for a structure that's not only unique but sustainable as well. Check out the variety of exhibitions inside, such as "Indians in Singapore: Past & Present," which depict the experiences of the Indian community from 1st century CE to the present through artifacts and interactive displays, as well as "Symbols & Scripts: The Language of Craft," which traces the rich material heritage across various Indian communities. Free guided tours in English, Tamil, and Mandarin are also available during select days.
What is included in the tour
- Admission ticket to Indian Heritage Centre
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals and beverages
- Visit the Indian Heritage Centre, the first museum in Southeast Asia to focus on the Indian population in Singapore.
- Discover the richness of Indian culture and the pioneers in Singapore's Indian community.
- Check out the variety of exhibitions inside, such as "Indians in Singapore: Past & Present,"
- Marvel at the sight of the building that blends traditional Indian architecture with modern ones.
- The museum is closed on Mondays
- Tuesday to Thursday: 10:00am-7:00pm
- Friday to Saturday: 10:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday and Public Holidays: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Last admission is at 5:30 pm
- 5 Campbell Lane, Singapore 209924
- Admission is free for children aged 0-5
- Senior ticket: age 60+
Schedule of Free Guided Tours:
Guided tours are not available during public holidays
- Tuesdays to Fridays: 11:00 am
- Saturdays and Sundays: 2:00 pm
- First Saturday of every month, 3:00 pm
- Second Saturday of every month, 2:30 pm