Go on a two-hour tour visiting some of the most significant landmarks and historic sites in Delhi. Learn about Delhi's heritage and history on this two-hour walking tour. You first meet up with your English speaking at the Digambar Jain Lal Temple, the oldest and most well known of the Jain temples in Delhi. Head to Chandni Chowk, an old and bustling market located near the Old Delhi Railway Station, where you can watch merchants and shoppers buying a myriad of available wares. Then you'll visit one of the temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, where you can view the Ardhnarishwar, which refers to a half male and half female form. There are many shops that dot the city, popular among locals. Among them, you'll visit a famous jalebi shop, where you can see this delicious sugar-syrup soaked deep-fried batter pretzels. Your tour concludes at Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in all of India.
What is included in the tour
- Join in tour
- English speaking guide
- Bottled drinking water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Local market and the firsthand experience of a busy traditional bazaar.
- See the red spires of Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir.
- Explore the hidden gems of Old Delhi in an interesting way in this walk.
- Visit the Jama Masjid Mosque, one of the largest mosques in India.
- 10:00am/5:00 pm meet your guide outside Digambar Jain Lal Temple
- Chandni Chowk
- Lord Shiva's Temple in “Ardhnarishwar” or “half male half female” form
- Pass through the old famous jalebi shop, central baptist church, and a lane famous for silver jewelry
- Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib (Sikh Temple)
- Golden Mosque
- The Town Hall and centuries-old Havelis/houses
- The Haveli of the greatest Urdu poet of all times
- Walkthrough the famous bazaars (market) for steel, cooking pots and paper kites
- Jama Masjid (Mosque) built of sandstone and marble
- 11:30 am/6:30 pm conclude tour outside Jama masjid