If you are in Gwalior, Gwalior fort is the place you must go situated on top of a hill, During the rebellion of 1857, the fort saw great warfare – Rani Lakshmibai (the Queen of Jhansi) came fighting from Jhansi to Gwalior and sought shelter inside the fort. After fighting for days with the Britishers, she jumped from the fort on her horse and sacrificed her life. Until India gained independence in 1947, the Scindias continued ruling the city and constructed a number of monuments.
What is included in the tour
- complementary water bottle
- Entrance Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
- The fort has existed at least since the 10th century.
- Remarkable Architecture
- The fort has been controlled by a number of different rulers in its history.
- 06:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Daily
- Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh 474008