In this tour, we will Explore the 400-year-old heritage of Amritsar with a visit to the Golden Temple, a key landmark of the city and visit the temple's mega kitchen that feeds over 100,000 people in a day. We will enjoy a cultural and historical morning in Amritsar with a morning trip, accompanied by an English speaking guide. After a great breakfast of local cuisine in a roadside restaurant, or a dhaba, you head to the Golden Temple. This easily recognizable and key landmark of the city is the holiest gurdwara in the Sikh religion. Here, the faithful offer prayers and take a meal provided for free by the temples. You can offer prayers yourself and also visit the temple's mega kitchen to see these meals being created and served. Following this, you head to Jallianwala Bagh, a public garden with a somber history. We will walk through the local market and learn from your guide the historic significance of these serpentine lanes and Learn more about the history of Jallianwala Bagh massacre and visit a local museum and enjoy a cycle-rickshaw ride through the bustle of Amritsari bazaars.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Rickshaw ride.
- English speaking guide.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips (optional).
- Personal expenses.
- We will visit the Golden Temple of Amritsar, one of its key landmarks.
- We will learn more about the history of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
- We will go to the temple's mega kitchen that feeds over 100,000 people in a day.
- It is considered as the holiest place of worship for the Sikh religion.
- 7:00am pick up from hotel in Amritsar.
- 7:30 am stop for breakfast at a local restaurant/Dhaba.
- 8:30 am reach Golden Temple, offer prayers, and visit the mega kitchen that caters to over 100,000 people every day at no cost, visit the Golden Temple Museum.
- 10:00 am visit Jallianwala Bagh, walk around the park, and learn the history it carries visit the Jallianwala Bagh Museum.
- 11:30 am visit the Kairon market and later get dropped at your hotel in a cycle rickshaw.