Immerse yourself in Goan culture with this tour of Divar Island. Enjoy a delicious spread of traditional Goan food at a local Portuguese house. Cross the seas of Ribander and discover the serene island of Divar with this tour! Visit this riverine town for a laid-back exploration of Goa's olden rural villages and attractions. For your first stop, check out the 16th century St. Matthias Church for a glimpse of the island's Catholic roots. Walk farther along the trail and stumble upon Our Lady of Candelaria Parish, a quaint chapel built next to the Saptakoteshwar Temple's ancient tank. See this interesting juxtaposition of Goa's two major religious beliefs and get more historical insight from your English-speaking guide. Head next to a Portuguese house for lunch and watch how pav - a Goan delicacy - is made at a local bakery. Learn a few Goan recipes from a local chef during your stay as well.
What is included in the tour
- English-speaking guide
- Guided tour around the island
- Divar Island ferry transfers
- Traditional Goan lunch
- Entrance fees to all attractions/sites
- Round trip ferry transfers between Divar Island and Ribandar
What is NOT included in the tour
- Insurance provided by the operator
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and other personal expenses
- Feast on a delicious set of regional specialty dishes for lunch at Divar Island.
- Catch a glimpse of Piedade Church, one of the greatest Baroque churches in Goa.
- Visit both Catholic churches and Hindu temples while learning about Goa's history.
- Immerse yourself in Goan culture with this tour of Divar Island.
- 10:00am depart for Divar via ferry transfers
- Meet up with guide at the Divar port
- Visit St. Matthias Church
- Visit Our Lady of Candelaria chapel, near Saptakoteshwar Temple's tank
- Enjoy lunch at a Portuguese house
- Watch how pav is made at a local bakery
- Learn a few Goan recipes from a local chef
- Visit sluice gates and learn about the Khazan system
- Visit Piedade Church
- Enjoy the view of Old Goa's churches across the river
- 12:00 pm end of the tour, depart for Ribander via ferry transfers
Meet Up Information:
- Time: 10:00am
- Location: Ribandar-Divar Ferry
- The operator will reconfirm your pick up time and the itinerary in advance
- Please wait at the meetup location lobby 10-15 minutes before the scheduled ferry departure time
- If you are late for more than 15 minutes, the guide will leave and no refunds will be issued