This full day's sightseeing tour gives you a chance to discover the life, color, and culture of this beautiful town. You will get picked up from your hotel and first head to the local synagogue, the Paradesi Synagogue. It's the oldest of its kind in the Commonwealth of Nations. After this, you will be able to explore Chochin's “Jew Town”, where the oldest Jewish people in India reside. The religious diversity of Cochin continues to be revealed with your next stops at St. Francis Church and the Santa Cruz Basilica Church, where you'll see the Christian influence at its greatest. There will be a break for lunch afterward at one of the local restaurants so you can try some of the local cuisines. From here, you will explore a famous “Dutch Palace”, formally known as the Mattancherry Palace and many more. Your tour ends back at your hotel where you'll get dropped off, with far greater knowledge of Cochin's history and culture.
What is included in the tour
- 8 hour private tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English-speaking driver/guide (Basic English)
- Fuel, parking and toll charges
- Bottled drinking water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera fees at any point
- Entry fee
- Meals and beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- The oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations is your first stop.
- Cochin is religiously diverse, with St. Francis Church also in the city.
- Discover how the local fishermen use the Chinese fishing nets.
- Discover Cochin's history and culture at the Hill Palace Museum.
- Visit the Cochin Shipyard, the largest facility of its kind in India.
- 9:00 am pick up from local hotel in Cochin
- Head towards Jewish Synagogue
- Visit and explore the Jew Town and Jewish Synagogue
- Proceed to visit St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Basilica Church
- 1:00 pm approximately, enjoy delicious lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense)
- Take a tour of Mattancherry Palace (Dutch Palace)
- Visit popular attractions like the Thevara Museum, Hill Palace Museum, and Cochin Shipyard
- See the famous Chinese fishing nets and interact with the locals to understand their daily life
- Proceed to explore the Bolgatty Palace and Marine Drive
- 5:00 pm approximately, drop off at a hotel