Enjoy a classic breakfast of sweet kaya toast paired with a hearty hot cup of coffee. Visit the wet market and observe the locals and vendors as they go about their daily chores. Join an intimate guided tour around Singapore's Chinatown area and discover both the culture and cuisine on this side of the city! Meet up with your guide along South Bridge Road and start your walking tour around the Chinatown Complex, beginning with a visit to the wet market. Here, you can observe the daily lives of the market-goers and the vendors as they buy, sell, and banter on costs until they reach a compromise. Once you've made your way through the stalls, your tour will continue to the complex's hawker center, where you'll sample an array of local dishes like chicken rice, carrot cake, and Singaporean dessert - all of which is just a simple introduction to the vast and distinctive cuisine of the country.
What is included in the tour
- Join-in tour
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Traditional local breakfast set
- Chicken Rice
- Carrot Cake
- Festive local snack
- Local dessert
What is NOT included in the tour
- Other personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Savor the flavors of the famous chicken rice meal, along with 4 other local dishes.
- Learn about its rich history and beautiful architecture from the licensed guide.
- Sample an array of Singaporean food throughout your walking tour.
- Meet up with your tour guide and the rest of the group at the Chinatown Food Trail Statue.
Meet up with your tour guide and the rest of the group at the Chinatown Food Trail Statue
- 10:30am meet up at Singapore Food Trail statue
- Breakfast at a traditional Nanyang coffeeshop
- Chinatown Complex wet market
- Food tasting at Chinatown Complex hawker center
- Food tasting Maxwell Food Centre
- Traditional shophouses
- 12:30 pm end of the tour at Singapore Food Trail statue
- This guided food tour runs on Tuesdays only
Meet Up Information:
- Time: 10:30am
- Location: Singapore Food Trail statue
- Address: 268 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058817
- Nearest MRT: Chinatown MRT Station
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour starts at the designated meet-up location and look for the guide wearing an orange t-shirt and holding a Food Tour sign