In this tour, we will Witness sacred rituals in the age-old shrines of Marundeeswarar Temple, a highly-revered Shaivite temple. Privately tour Chennai with an English speaking guide for an in-depth adventure around its remarkable heritage. Begin your adventure within the capital of Tamil Nadu with a convenient pick up at your hotel lobby. Reinvigorate your morning with a vibrant prayer ceremony at the Marundeeswarar Temple, a place of worship and legends cementing its place as a significant religious site. Marvel at the intricate engravings of towering gopuram or gatehouse towers dedicated to the Hindu god, Shiva. Move on to a local restaurant for a refreshing South Indian breakfast served on banana leaves that will surely boost your energy for the next stop of the day! Arrive at Kalakshetra Dance Academy, a respected institution for the arts, and witness a riveting Bharatanatyam dance! Originating in Tamil Nadu, watch mythical stories and religious themes unfold in expressive forms of dance performances accompanied by mesmerizing music. Don’t dare miss awe-inspiring musical traditions that granted Chennai a place within UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network list! Follow the artistic trail and see the finest works of homegrown talents at the academy's art gallery.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- Private air-conditioned transfer.
- English speaking guide.
- Traditional South Indian breakfast.
- Bharatnatyam dance show.
- Bottled water.
- Entrance fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses.
- Any personal purchases.
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- we will Witness sacred rituals in the age-old shrines of Marundeeswarar Temple.
- Chennai proudly belongs to UNESCO's list of Creative Cities Network for its rich musical traditions.
- We will eat like a local and enjoy a traditional South Indian breakfast packed with flavorful delicacies.
- Feast your eyes on a modern stage production of a classic Bharatanatyam dance.
- 7:00am hotel pick up.
- 7:45 am approx. visit Marundeeswarar Temple and experience a colorful prayer ceremony.
- 8:30 am approx. enjoy an authentic South Indian breakfast at a local restaurant.
- 9:30 am approx. witness a Bharatanatyam dance and visit at an art gallery at the Kalakshetra Dance Academy.
- 12:00 pm hotel drop off.