Visit this heritage district for a walk through the most idyllic parts of Panjim. For your first stop, meet your guide at Kala Academy for an educational walk along with the works of the famous architect Charles Correa. Marvel at Correa's impressive approach to design, as well as his technique of incorporating nature into the architectural plan of Dayanand Bandodkar Marg. Head next to the Mandovi River for a panoramic view of the Reis Magos Fort, an ancient monument preserved by the Goan government. Move along the route and stumble upon the Maquinez Palace and the old Goa Medical College. After a quick tour of the historical sites, check out St. Inez Creek and learn how it transformed from marshland into its current state.
What is included in the tour
- Campal tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local house visit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Round trip hotel transfers
- Meal and beverages
- Enjoy the natural feel of Campal's streets as most are lined with thick trees and surrounded by flora.
- See the ever-present rooster in every corner, a symbol of Goa's past as a Portuguese colony.
- Discover how the district became the prettiest area in Panjim through your local English-speaking guide.
- Marvel at the architectural design and urban planning of the city's establishments and parks.
- 10:00am meet up with guide at Kala Academy
- Walk along Dayanand Bandodkar Marg
- Visit Mandovi River
- See the Reis Magos Fort from a lighthouse
- Walk along Marquienez Plaza and the old Goa Medical College
- Walk along St. Inez Creek
- Visit the local houses in Goa
- Walk along the streets of Campal
- 12:00 pm visit the Military Hospital on the way back to Kala Academy, end of the tour