In This tour, we will explore Amritsar in this full-day tour, seeing the city, its people, and learning about its history and drive through Jallianwala Bagh and learn about the mass massacre ordered by General Dyer. we will visit the Wagah Border and witness the flag down ceremony and we will see the splendid sights and destinations in Amritsar while accompanied by an expert local guide who will allow you to learn so much more than what is on the surface of this beautiful city. From your hotel, you head first to the famous Golden Temple, one of the most vital structures and key landmarks in the city. As you offer prayers and witness how tea and bread are made in this sacred location, you’ll discover how it has come to be so revered as the holiest gurdwara in the Sikh religion. This is followed by a trip to Jallianwala Bagh, which is a sacred location for all different reasons: the historical events that this garden commemorates calls back to the infamous massacre that took place, under the troops of the British Indian Army. Then you head for the Wagah Border, where a sacred ceremony takes place every day. It is a somber and touching moment to witness and a great way to cap your tour.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees wherever applicable.
- English speaking guide.
- Bottled drinking water.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses.
- Behold the majestic Golden Temple of Amritsar, the holiest gurdwara in Sikh religion.
- Watch the moving flag-lowering ceremony at the Wagah Border.
- . It is a somber and touching moment to witness and a great way to cap your tour.
- 9:30 am pickup from a local hotel in Amritsar.
- 10:30 am explore Golden Temple, offer prayers, witness the process of tea and bread making, visit the Golden Temple museum.
- 1:00 pm have lunch at Langar at the Golden Temple.
- 2:00 pm drive to Jallianwala Bagh and learn about the history of the place and visit the Jallianwala Bagh Museum.
- 3:00 pm proceed to Wagah Border and witness the flag-down ceremony.
- 6:00 pm drive back to the hotel.