Marvel at the lush green Alleppey also called The Venice of the East region of India. Drift past paddy fields, coconut palms and farming villages on a relaxing cruise. Just 60km south of engaged Cochin lies a space of ultimate tranquility —some of the most beautiful backwater in India. Travel to the Allapuzha district and hop on a traditional wooden houseboat to explore the green Alleppey, also known as the Venice of the East region of India, in full. The tour starts with a morning hotel pick up taking you to the boarding area. Begin your cruise of Alleppey and drift past lush paddy fields, fragrant coconut farms, quaint farming villages and more. At 12 pm a delicious Keralan lunch will be served onboard —and you will get to enjoy local delicacies with the backdrop of beautiful waterscapes. At 1.30 pm the cruise comes to an end and you hop back into a comfy air-conditioned vehicle for a transfer back to your hotel.
What is included in the tour
- Private tour
- Cochin Port/hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver
- Bottled drinking water
- Backwater cruise by a houseboat
- Lunch on a houseboat
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- English speaking guide (optional)
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Drift past lush green paddy fields, coconut palms and small villages along the shore.
- Explore the Allapuzha district on a relaxing backwater cruise on a traditional houseboat.
- Lay your eyes on the most beautiful backwater in India.
- Sample the best dishes of Keralan cuisine served onboard the cruise.
- 9:00am approx. pick up from hotel / Cochin Port for transfer to Alleppey
- 10:45 am board your houseboat at Alleppey and cruise through the backwaters
- 12:00pm a delicious Keralan lunch is served onboard
- 1.30 pm houseboat cruise ends; transfer back by wagon to the city of Cochin
- 4:00 pm drop off at hotel / Cochin Port